It is probably fair to say that I have an addiction for perusing online homewares and interior decorating blogs, stores and sites. There are many days when I will even give myself a time allowance – otherwise my children would starve!
Once I have finished all of my essential domestic online activities (like Coles Online, iHerb and Grocery Run), I make myself a cup of Earl Grey and get into the fun stuff – homewares and interiors.
But before I share my fave sites with you, here are my top tips for shopping online safely.
- Only buy from secure sites. Look for the padlock or ensure the address starts with an https not just an http
- Keep all transaction records. Important to track and useful in case of a dispute
- Trust your gut and don’t shop at a site if you are not comfortable. If the pictures are dodgy and there are spelling mistakes best to find another online retailer!
- Use a Safe Searching tool so you know whether a site is safe. Why not download McAfee’s free Site Advisor for peace of mind!
So, here is where I spend the bulk of my time (and money!) online:
- Pinterest – The best way to collect …read more
Read the full article here: http://blogs.mcafee.com/consumer/family-safety/online-favourite-home-interior-sites